- to love you with all their heart, soul, and mind
- to carefully obey all your commands
- to think about you and understand you during their daily tasks and their journey through life
- to memorize your holy Word, so it will grow in their hearts and produce godly attitudes
- to fear (respect) you; to be in awe of your majesty
- to keep their hearts from idolizing people and things
- to take your authority seriously--not to test you or ridicule you or disregard you
- to do right and good, whether they are alone or with others
- to recognize your hand of blessing throughout their lives and to remember your interactions on their behalf
- to discern your voice and your expectations from the world's, and to distance themselves from accepting falsehood and fallacies
Sunday, July 8, 2018
A daily prayer for your children
Dear Heavenly Father,
I give you my children into your hands to protect, guide, convict, and grow. I pray over my children the words you gave the Israelites when you instructed them to impress your commands on their children's hearts. I need your help to do this well.
Help me to impress on my children:
If you are able to impress your heart and mind on theirs, then they will bring you glory, and you will prosper them. May they always seek the prosperity that can be measured in eternity, rather than prosperity on earth! May they live lives worthy of your sacrifice.
Thank you for my children. I give them to you, today and every day. Make me strong enough and faith-filled enough to let you keep them in your care!
From Deuteronomy 6