Praying for the kingdom of heaven in my life
Dear Lord Jesus,
I'm asking your Holy Spirit to help me understand it. I'm praying for the kingdom of heaven in my life.
- Help me to sow good habits into my life so I can grow (Matt. 13:24)
- Make me like a mustard seed, small and humble, but fruitful. May my life grow to be a shade tree for everyone else (Matt. 13:33)
- Help me seek your kingdom because it is a great treasure. Make me brave enough to give up everything for it (Matt. 13:44)
- Give me perspective to live with a kingdom mindset--to see your gospel as a pearl of great price (Matt. 13:45)
- May my life be like a welcoming household, filled with treasures (Matt. 13:52)
- Give me your power, to bind evil in your name (Matt. 16:19)
- Make me humble, teachable, and joyful like a child (Matt. 18:4)
- Build into me responsibility, stewardship, and earnestness to utilize the gifts you've given me; I am your steward (Matt. 19:12)
- Keep my heart so that I long for you and do not run after wealth and prosperity in this life (Matt. 19:23)
- May I seek souls for heaven and never discount anyone, for all are worthy of your love and your grace; make me like a landowner who's willing to give anyone a chance (Matt. 20:1)
- Help me promote unity, welcome the outcasts, the ignored, the marginalized--those I do not consider my friends; may I be welcoming at all times and invite them to sit at your wedding feast (Matt. 22:2)
- May I earnestly seek you, follow you, and rejoice at your great and mighty works, running to the wedding feast you have invited me to (Matt. 25:1)
You are not of this world, so why would your kingdom be?
We are not for this world, so why should our kingdoms be?
Lord, convict and challenge me to see your kingdom all around me and step into its opportunities!
In Jesus' name,
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." (Matthew 13:44)