20 things you should pray for
On March 17, I posted a blog "What you should pray against." This is a response to that blog: 20 Things you should pray FOR.
1. For believers. "Be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." (Ephesians 6:18)
2. For salvation. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
3. For wisdom. "For any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (James 1:5)
4. For humility. "Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the Lord’s anger." (Zephaniah 2:3)
5. For grace. "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters." (Galatians 6:18)
6. For love. "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)
7. For bold and truthful words. "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." (Ephesians 6:19-20)
8. For compassion. "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32)
9. For the Holy Spirit. "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” (Luke 11:14)
10. For justice. "Grant me justice against my adversary." (Luke 18:3)
11. For deliverance. "For I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance." (Philippians 1:19)
12. For your enemies. "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:44)
13. For strength against temptation. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." (Mark 14:38)
14. For endurance. "Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up." (Luke 18:1)
15. For forgiveness. "Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart." (Acts 8:22)
16. For spiritual impact. "Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains." (Acts 26:29)
17. For God's will. "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." (Romans 8:26)
18. For one another. "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." (James 5:16)
19. For spiritual understanding. "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God." (Colossians 1:8-10)
20. For perspective. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33)
Lord God of heaven,
Teach me to pray.
Mold me into the image of your Son Jesus.
Help me follow you in everything I do,
to love you foremost,
and to love everyone you created.
Teach me to treat others with dignity and respect,
to forgive generously
and stand securely in my faith.
I want to give you praise for everything good in my life
and repent of all that is sinful.
I am yours.
In Jesus' name,